Let’s talk about editing your book
Let our friendly team of editors help you figure out which of our editing services is best for your book.
Find The Perfect Edit
$0.02 per word ($200 minimum)
Get specific advice to help revise your manuscript on a structural level
A manuscript critique is a big picture analysis of all the major components of your manuscript.
- Fiction authors can expect feedback, insight, and advice on: storytelling, structure, plot, characterization, dialogue, viewpoint and narration, hooks, tone, pacing and progression, setting, voice, and writing mechanics.
- Non-fiction authors can expect feedback, insight, and advice on: content, structure, organization, clarity, focus, mechanics, writing style, and suitability for intended readership.
$0.03–$0.06 per word ($300 minimum)
Developmental editing provides detailed feedback on your manuscript.
A developmental edit may include:
- Adjusting the tense or point of view of narration,
- Cutting filler description or non-essential events,
- Developing, dropping, or amalgamating lifeless characters,
- Spacing events to heighten reader investment and prevent fatigue,
- Ensuring dialogue feels natural, and that each character has a distinct voice,
- Creating a narrative ‘skeleton’ to avoid plot holes and tricky redrafting,
- Connecting story events to create a more cohesive narrative,
- Crafting intriguing openings and satisfying endings,
- Suggesting possible directions for the story or workarounds for problem areas.
$0.03–$0.05 per word ($300 minimum)
The most in-depth level of book editing we offer
A comprehensive edit is the highest and most in-depth level of book editing we offer. This edit focuses on the structure and content of the story, the language use, and the writing style. During this edit, your editor will assess the impact of your story:
- Is the meaning of your story clear and your use of language effective?
- Does the story flow naturally or is it disrupted by clumsy transitions?
- Have any scenes been overwritten and has repetition crept into the story?
- Is it an enjoyable and satisfying read and is there room for it in the market?
A comprehensive edit includes a line edit, a structural edit, and a written editor’s report offering advice and recommendations for improvement.
$0.02–$0.03 per word ($200 minimum)
The final step before publication
Copyediting is the last stage of the editorial process, the final tidy-up, the spit and polish before you show it off. Here’s where editors become thoroughly annoying with their obnoxious comments about apostrophes and ‘your’ versus ‘you’re’.
A copyedited book shows readers you have taken the time to enhance their reading experience; that you respect and appreciate them.
Fix specific problems, one-on-one
Work directly with an editor who will encourage you, answer your questions, share ideas, and solve problems. An editorial consultation will help you close the gap between your ideas and your writing.
An editorial consultation gives you the chance to discuss anything with an editor specializing in your genre.