A personalized editing service to suit your unique needs
Some authors write in chunks that are pieced together later. Some start at the end and work backwards. And others have a solid idea, but don’t know where to start. We all work in different ways using different methods. A story consultation gives you complete flexibility and slots in with your style of working.
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to writing, and because of this, there is no one-size-fits-all approach to editing. A story consultation gives you the chance to discuss anything with an editor specializing in your genre.
And by anything, we mean:
- fleshing out characters to give them more depth and dimension,
- shaping your ideas into a story skeleton that can be used throughout the drafting process,
- assessing each scene to determine its value and contribution to the plot,
- making steamy scenes more compelling and less wooden,
- discussing the legalities of including song lyrics or movie quotes in your story,
- dealing with plot holes that keep cropping up and disrupting the story,
- learning how to make dialogue more believable and true to the character,
… and so on.
Your book is much more than the sum of its parts. It is its own entity and should be written and revised with care. Having a story consultation is an enlightening process that gives you a deep understanding of your work. It will change you. It will change how you think about your writing. It will empower you.
If you’re serious about your craft and plan to produce the highest quality work you can, a story consultation will get you there.